This is a super easy craft that my girls LOVED!
Here’s what you need:
- Pink, white and red buttons
- Novelty heart buttons (I found some fantastic ones in the Valentine’s Section at hobby lobby)
- Plain Earring Posts
- Regular tacky glue
- Heart earring boards (print out on cardstock)
- Straight pin
Here’s what you do:
- Have the girls “Design” several pairs of earrings by pairing plain buttons with the novelty buttons
- Using a little bit of glue on a QTip, glue your desired buttons together
- Dip the earring post into a little bit of glue and place on the back of the earring.
- Let the earrings dry for about 10 minutes
- Cut out these cute heart earring boards. Puncture the card at the center of each heart with a straight pin and have the girls add their name at the bottom
- Place your earrings on the card through the holes and let them dry over night
Note: A little bit of tacky glue goes a long way. Although the glue dries clear, it still looks messy if you use too much. I encouraged my girls to use the QTips to better manage the glue flow.
I used this project as a service activity to benefit a Denver-area charity called Project Valentine. The charity gathers donations and assembles gift bags to distribute to cancer patients on Valentine’s Day. I thought these earrings would make such a cute addition to their gift bags.
You can use this activity any way you would like. The girls can make these for their family members, friends, the primary presidency, or you can look into donating them to a cancer treatment center in your area around Valentine’s Day.
My girls loved this activity so much that we are doing them again for a Valentines crafting activity!